Examining Your Nuts
Testicle Self Examination
- Make sure your scrotum is warm and relaxed. You may like to perform TSE after showering or bathing. Or after a trip to the Testicuzzi.
- It may help to do TSE in front of the mirror, so you can see as well as feel what you’re doing.
- Check one testicle first, then the other.
- Gently roll one testicle using the fingers and thumbs of both hands.
- Feel along the underside of the scrotum to find the epididymis that sits at the back of the testicle. It should feel like a little bunch of tightly curled tubes.
- Perform TSE on the other testicle.
TSE shouldn’t be painful or uncomfortable. If one or both testes have become tender or painful, see your doctor.